Morning Bell: Standing Against Obamacare
Amy Payne / Kelsey Harris /
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) stood on the Senate floor yesterday to speak against Obamacare. He kept speaking all night and well into the morning.
***UPDATE: He is still going as of 10:30 a.m. ET!
Why? Because Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) wants to use procedural tricks to strip the House-passed bill of the provision that would defund Obamacare.
Reid wants to cut off debate and strong-arm funding for Obamacare, just as he strong-armed passage of this unfair, unworkable, and unaffordable bill three years ago. But if all the Senators who say they oppose Obamacare stand up to him—and stand together—they can stop him from funding Obamacare.
Share these highlights from last night’s speech on the Senate floor.
Learn more about defunding Obamacare.
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- See what the Administration didn’t tell you about the insurance plans in the Obamacare exchanges.
- We’d bet that you haven’t heard about this government shutdown threat.
- Secretary of State John Kerry is expected to sign the U.N.’s Arms Trade Treaty on behalf of the United States today.
- A film where the cyborgs are more realistic than the economics? That’s Elysium.
- Want to compare the constitutions of various countries? Now you can, thanks to Google.
- Tuesday was the late Jim Henson’s birthday. To celebrate, a few of Kermit’s friends will soon be on display here.
- Did you know that Obamacare has negative effects on Hispanic Americans?