Morning Bell: This Fight Is for You
Jim DeMint /
The Heritage Foundation has been talking about defunding Obamacare for some time now, and people may be wondering why. Why did we put up a billboard in Times Square warning Americans that Obamacare will be hazardous to their health? Why won’t we give up this fight?
Because we are fighting for you.
We’re fighting for the grandmother who is counting on her trusted physician to guide her through the challenges of aging. Because Obamacare means you can’t necessarily keep your doctor if you like him, and it’s cutting down on the health care choices available to seniors.
We’re fighting for the couple who’s raising their own children while wondering how they’re going to care for their aging parents. Their premiums are going up and they’re wondering how they’ll afford it.
We’re fighting for the waiter who’s going to school and working full-time. Obamacare is causing many employers to cut back on workers’ hours so that they don’t have to provide them with health insurance. For many people, that means losing income and losing health insurance at the same time.
We’re fighting for the single mom who needs a steady job to support her kids. Obamacare is making jobs tougher to find, because a lot of businesses are saying they just can’t hire anyone new. The burden of the law’s mandates and regulations is making it too costly.
Every one of you is working hard to support your family, stay healthy, and make the best choices you can make. Obamacare is only getting in the way.
So no matter what anyone says, we’re going to keep fighting. Harry Reid is threatening to use all sorts of procedural gimmicks to keep Obamacare going. But Americans are catching on that this law is the reason their spouses don’t have health insurance any more, or their kids’ doctor isn’t in their network any more. They’re seeing how unfair and harmful it is.
And we can’t just sit by and let Obamacare take away the health plans we like, the doctors we like, and the freedom to make our own health care choices.
We won’t stop fighting. You can count on it.
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- Is there a link between terrorist attacks in Kenya and Pakistan?
- Lois Lerner, head of the division that singled out conservative organizations, is retiring from the IRS.
- Coming soon: Read your Kindle on the plane even during takeoff and landings.
- Why might people lose their doctors under Obamacare?
- What do you think is the state’s role in helping the poor?
- Why food stamps need reform.
- Here’s a handy guide to the cases the Supreme Court plans to tackle this year.
- Interested in what the Supreme Court will be doing in the new term? Hear what Paul Clement and John Elwood have to say about the upcoming cases at noon ET online.
- Or, if you want to learn why some graphics are more popular than others on Facebook, watch Heritage’s Blogger’s Briefing at noon ET.