Have you seen this picture The Wall Street Journal posted earlier today?
— Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) February 21, 2014
The left photo was taken in 2009 and the one on the right was taken Thursday of Independence Square in Kiev.
But what’s causing all of this destruction in Ukraine?
The Foundry news team, policy experts at The Heritage Foundation, and a visiting fellow who grew up in Ukraine have followed this week’s violence closely. Even Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) weighed in on The Foundry.
Here’s five posts you should read for information on exactly what’s going on in Ukraine:
- As Kyiv Burns, the Obama Doctrine Is Going Down in Flames
- How a Ukrainian Woman Views the Current Explosive Situation
- Ted Cruz: The World Cannot Afford to Be Distracted as Ukrainians Are Brutalized by Their Own Government
- Here’s Why President Obama Is MIA on Ukraine and Shouldn’t Be
- Yanukovich’s Brutal Crackdown in Ukraine: Why the U.S. Should Act