Today, the Senate is set to pass the new U.S. budget deal in all its spend-tastic glory. Lawmakers have hemmed and hawed about making any cuts to spending, despite countless examples of ridiculous decisions that have wasted taxpayers’ money.
So it’s timely that the office of Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) released its 2013 “Wastebook” yesterday, listing 100 examples it deems wasteful spending this year. In our infographic below, we’ve picked just a few of the highlights of your tax dollars at work.
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- Turns out Obamacare “navigators” are not helping navigate; they are encouraging fraud and misinformation.
- Here’s why Hobby Lobby’s fight against the Obama Administration stands for all Americans, religious or not.
- Pushing for biofuel: Why a “green fleet” won’t make America safer.
- Even liberal support for President Obama is at an all-time low.
- On “Sister Wives”: A recent polygamy ruling in Utah may raise questions about all laws based on moral choices.
- If you know someone who might want to intern at Heritage next summer, pass this along: The deadline for applications is February 1.