The movement to defund Obamacare has reached a critical moment. According to news reports, House Republicans are deciding this morning whether they will use a government funding bill to stop the unfair, unaffordable, and unworkable health care law.
With less than two weeks until the government takeover of health care, it’s time for Republicans and Democrats to put aside party politics and do right by the American people: Stop Obamacare before it’s too late.
Four new polls over the past week have confirmed mounting concerns about the law. You could lose your current health coverage, see your hours cut at work, and end up with bureaucrats coming between you and your doctor.
Here’s a sampling of where Americans stand on Obamacare:
- 68 percent are concerned about the impact on their personal health care under Obamacare (Fox News poll, September 17)
- 57 percent oppose Obamacare (CNN/ORC International survey, September 11)
- 52 percent believe Obamacare will result in their health care costs increasing (NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, September 15)
- 51 percent want Congress to cut funding for Obamacare (Rasmussen Reports, September 17)
Americans recognize that Obamacare is bad for our country. Labor unions have sought relief from it; Democrats have called it a “train wreck,” and Washington’s political class is getting exemptions or special treatment.
The American people aren’t so fortunate. But their message appears to be breaking through to Capitol Hill.
Over the course of the summer, a growing chorus of grassroots activists spoke up and made their voices heard at events like Heritage Action’s town hall meetings. Bloomberg’s Josh Green predicted they “could end up being the sleeper events of the political season and major factor in the fiscal and budgetary showdowns soon to come.”
Even in New York City, where Heritage unveiled a massive billboard last week, the message is sinking in. Heritage’s Chris Jacobs was in Times Square to ask people for their perspectives on Obamacare. (Watch the video below.)
Let’s face it: Obamacare was a mistake. It’s time for Washington to acknowledge the problem and defund Obamacare.
We may not all agree on the solution for America’s health care system, but an increasing number of Americans agree that Obamacare is the wrong prescription.
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) thinks the fight to stop Obamacare is a waste of time. Here’s why he’s wrong.
- The Congressional Budget Office delivered a message yesterday to lawmakers and the President: The spending and debt crisis is getting worse.
- Iran has blocked Twitter and Facebook again after briefly allowing access.
- Rebooting “Left Behind”? “Lost” co-creator Damon Lindelof is creating a series about life after the Rapture.
- See what’s happening to Super Bowl ticket prices.