From all of us at The Heritage Foundation, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a joyous holiday season. This is a season for reflection, not only about the closing of the year but about higher callings: our principles, our families, our faiths.
Heritage will be entering a new chapter with the new year. Not only will we celebrate our 40th anniversary, we will have new leadership as Senator Jim DeMint succeeds Edwin J. Feulner as president in April.
Today we bring you a special Christmas video from President-Elect DeMint.
- It’s looking like a white Christmas for much of the United States.
- Lawmakers are signaling their interest in new gun control legislation, while the National Rifle Association is talking about putting more police officers in schools.
- What happens if we go over the fiscal cliff? The Associated Press looks at some possibilities.
- Several senators have fought for federal smoking cessation funds while investing in companies that produce anti-tobacco products, reports Heritage’s Lachlan Markay.
- Today brings to a close our series on the “12 Days of Obamacare Surprises.”