At The Heritage Foundation, our experts work tirelessly to produce relevant research on the big policy questions facing Congress. This year was no different, and Members of Congress, their staff, journalists, researchers, and Heritage members and readers turned to our experts for their analysis.
Listed below are the top 10 papers of 2011, covering everything from Obamacare to the economy, federal regulations to poverty in America.
- Before the Lights Go Out: A Survey of EMP Preparedness Reveals Significant Shortfalls
- Recovery Stalled After Obamacare Passed
- Assessing the Compensation of Public-School Teachers
- Time to Restore Voter Control: End the Government-Union Monopoly
- Red Tape Rising: A 2011 Mid-Year Report
- What’s an Oil Subsidy?
- The United States vs. China—Which Economy Is Bigger, Which Is Better
- Understanding Poverty in the United States: Surprising Facts About America’s Poor
- Saving the American Dream: The Heritage Plan to Fix the Debt, Cut Spending, and Restore Prosperity
- Air Conditioning, Cable TV, and an Xbox: What is Poverty in the United States Today?