With Veterans’ Day on Wednesday, the Senate will have a shorter than normal workweek – Monday and Tuesday. Senators will spend the remainder of the week back home honoring veterans and, presumably, hearing from constituents about health care. The timeline for Senate action on the Reid-Obama health care bill is ever changing, which suggests substantial problems exist. A score from the Congressional Budget Office could come as early as next week.
Major Floor Action –
- On Monday, the Senate will vote on the nomination of Andre Davis to be a Circuit Judge for the Fourth Circuit.
- The Senate will likely complete the Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations bill (H.R.3082) on Tuesday, in time for Veterans’ Day.
Major Committee Action –
- The Foreign Relations Committee will hold a hearing on international treaties, which is an ominous sign for those who value American sovereignty.
- Ironically, the Budget Committee will hold a hearing on a “Bipartisan Process Proposal for Long-Term Fiscal Stability.” How that jives with a $1.5 trillion health care bill is anyone’s guess.
- The Energy and Natural Resources Committee will hold a hearing on reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Finance Committee will hold a hearing on global warming legislation and jobs. Just a hint, it costs jobs!